Associate Director of Patient Engagement and Support
We are seeking an Associate Director of Patient Engagement & Support to support our Chief Medical Officer in building one of the most crucial areas of Unite Genomics: our relationships with the patients and families we serve. This is an opportunity to understand what is most important to the rare disease community and participate in the creation of an environment where needs are met and patient’s voices are heard. You will have the opportunity to share and be a crucial part of a creative and invigorating environment in a booming and multi-disciplinary field. You will have the freedom to be proactive, take ownership of projects, and work with dedicated individuals who share your goals. If you have an innate passion to make a mark, your contribution will have meaning in the lives of patients and families with rare diseases.
Unite Genomics, Inc. was founded in 2016. We’re a health technology company focused on advancing medicine through large-scale analysis of genomic and health data. Our Mission is to harness the power of the genome to accelerate the creation of therapies and cures, and help patients get better faster.
- Leading the development and implementation of Unite’s patient advocacy and engagement strategy in rare disease.
- Engaging and supporting patients in-person and/or online.
- Developing company best practices to engage patients, families and caregivers.
- Being in close communication with patients and their families.
- Supporting patients who are interested in signing up on the Patient Portal.
- Cross-team communication to ensure the patient voice reaches all parts of the company
- Working directly with patients to learn what is needed to create a beneficial and motivational experience while handling their concerns and addressing their questions.
- Assisting in the development of patient surveys to capture patient reported outcomes.
- Regularly identifying and directly engaging Patient Advocates and Patient Advocacy Groups to develop strong and lasting collaborations and working relationships.
- Understanding the changing relationships between patients, advocacy groups, biopharma, and payers.
- Representing Unite at relevant healthcare and patient conferences.
- Identifying potential patient and physician advisors and creating an internal advisory council.
- Achieving organizational key performance indicators.
- Handling all inbound and outbound calls/emails in a courteous and timely manner.
- Supporting cross-functional projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS in biology, medical science, or other healthcare focused discipline required.
- Masters in health, policy or advocacy is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in healthcare, advocacy, or life-science related industries with a focus on rare disease.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development or strategic partnerships is a plus.
- History of directly interacting with patients and families.
- Use of PCORI principles and other guidance to improve understanding of patient engagement and identification of needs.
- Understanding of the roles of patients, advocacy groups, biopharma companies, regulatory agencies and payers play in the delivery of new therapies.
- Proficiency with social media.
- Experience representing your company at local/nationwide events.
- Experience with using key performance indicators to communicate progress against goals to internal/external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic fast-paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary will depend upon experience;
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits;
- Non-match 401K plan (immediate opt-in);
- Perks: on-site gym, daily shuttle (from/to Bart), occasional catered lunches.
How to apply
If you match the above qualifications and experience, and the core responsibilities in this role excite you, apply by clicking the button below!
No search firms. Unite Genomics, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity.